There is a new technology being leveraged by the documentation/marketing team and it is called the webcast.
A series of webcasts are under construction with two of them already published on the GigaSpaces website here:
It is my hope that the effort put in to creating them will prove fruitful as, by watching the webcasts, new users should be able to get up to speed faster and experience less of the usual frustrations associated with adopting a new technology.
So if you are new to GigaSpace, I invite you to check out the first two webcasts that walk you through setting up your windows/eclipse environment for GigaSpaces development and running and understanding the basics behind our HelloWorld example.
Again, more webcasts are in the works and should appear gradually over the next few weeks covering such topics as :
- Scaling a simple application using OpenSpaces – discovering your deployment options
- Enhancing Service Behavior Visibility and Manageability – Adding SLAs and Watches to an OpenSpaces Application
- Performing complex continuous queries with OpenSpaces
- Using Spring Remoting with OpenSpaces
I look forward to hearing back from the consumers of these artifacts any feedback regarding
1) How useful they are
2) What topics you would like to see added into the mix
3) Are they an appropriate length
4) Are there any formatting/technical problems with the webcasts themselves
Thanks in advance,
Sr Director, WW Technical Communications