XAP.NET 6.6 has been recently released, I’m very happy to introduce this new and very cool version.
It’s the first time that XAP.NET is a completely stand alone version. The .msi installation provides a fluent self explanatory installation experience. Once installation is completed you get a fully configured ready to use framework (see download page ).
An important design consideration for this release was time-to-value. It is clear to us that usability and completeness are essential for our customer's success. It is a great challenge to build and maintain such comprehensive framework but still keep in mind usability through many tools and APIs. This version managed to prove that a product could deliver extreme throughput and low latency but still be developer friendly and easy to use.
Developing an application that will have the ability to scale on demand is not high-end requirement anymore. Any new web site is looking for it. Any compute intensive application should take scale as a design consideration. Since this new version was designed and developed under the understanding that ease-of-use and usability are important productivity features, many of the product basic components were revised and improved, this process will continue to future versions. The enhancement list contains the new installation package, installation structure, configuration model, the improved Processing Unit API, Processing Unit deployment experience and more.
See the below the list of features, for the full list see the release notes.
- Native .msi installation.
- Straight-forward default installation mode that require no configuration for fully operational product.
- Standard windows packaging including start menu programs shortcuts, directory structure, icons, registry configuration and more.
- Windows services support for the GSC, GSM, Distributed Transaction Manager, and CLI. Windows services management tool for simple service management experience.
- Improved PU development and UI experience.
- Remote .NET PU deployment.
- Improved EDS.
I encourage you all to install it and enjoy the new and improved experience.
Any comments will be appreciated.
.Net Team Leader