Our best practices wiki is growing rapidly and full with good and useful material. Here are few new best practices added lately:
– Finding Partition Load – routing data based on partition load.
– Even Data Distribution – simple example explains how to evenly partition application data.
– WAN Replication Gateway – Simple blueprint for WAN replication scenario over the WAN.
– Custom Eviction – useful with systems that need flexible eviction strategies.
– Web Load Balancer Agent PU – Custom load-balancer to be used with systems running different web applications.
– Space Dump and Reload – Allows running systems to dump their space data into a file and later reload it.
These have been updated recently:
– Lowering the Space Object Footprint – important for systems with very large amount of data.
– Schema Evolution – explains how to use the dynamic schema-less data model approach to enhance the space class.
– Moving into Production Checklist – plenty of good suggestions. Good also for benchmarks and staging environments.