This post describes the AGM from Integrasoft – A GigaSpaces partner for a long time.
Integrasoft technical lead is Michael Di Stefano which has vast experience with Grid technologies. See his great book about Distributed Data Management in Grid Environments.
AGM is a Grid Management product. It is a full sensor/effector management system that is designed form the ground up to monitor and manage a Grid. It is tested and built with the corporation of our customers who face the day to day challenges of managing their Grids. AGM can run on your local Grid or on the Cloud environment.
Because AGM is a Grid Architecture, it benefits form the strengths of a Grid while preserving the most treasured resource of a Grid, its network. As such, AGM maintains a constant latency from detection to analysis to action (resolution) no matter how large the Grid becomes.
Below is a diagram of AGM with the components of the Grid Service Stack it monitors. Highlighted are the components that GigaSpaces is using to manage its deployments. These components are the AGM Data Grid – GigaSpaces Adapter, AGM Correlator, AGM Audit Trail. In addition, Integrasoft is working with GigaSpaces to deploy an AGM Ganglia Adapter to monitor CPU and Memory utilization.
In general AGM offers un-paralleled view and control of the Grid:
– “Active Management” * Proactive in Detection and Notification
* Adaptive to Changing Conditions
* Encapsulate and extend Administrative Knowledge
* Drastically reduce problem resolution time
* Eliminate/Head Off Potential Problems
– Real-Time View onto Running Processes
– 100% Non-intrusive
– Comprehensive View – Integrated Monitoring and Alerts of all Components:
* Abstraction Layer (e.g. In-Memory-Data Grid)
* Business Applications
Specifically the AGM GigaSpaces Adapter monitors the following characteristics of the GigaSpaces environment. This includes:
– Warnings and Severe Messages (ALERT)
– Correlate (Rolling Statistical Time Windows) of Warning and Severe Messages
– All Garbage Collection Events (partial and full) **
– Slow Receiver Alerts (communication Delay messages)
– Correlation of Slow Receiver Events by the receiver (Rolling Statistical Time Windows)
– Service Failures due to Space Not Found
– Split Brain Scenarios
** data is not currently available in the GigaSpaces log files
In addition to the AGM GigaSpaces Adapter, the following functions are also available (or to be available soon):
– Ganglia Adapter – The Ganglia Adapter monitors machine level parameters such as processor and memory statistics.
– Real-Time Trend Analysis – Real-Time Trend analysis is available on all AGM monitored parameters. Examples of this are available free memory. While the adapters allow for triggers on absolute values of a parameter, real-time trend analysis extends your vision for long term trends in a parameter’s behavior. For example, triggers can be established when the available free memory has not yet hit the previously defined low water mark but is steadily decreasing over a period of time. This fosters pre-emptive actions to be taken before the available free memory causes any sort of error condition on that machine.
– Business Layered Tools – AGM allows for custom extensions in all aspects of any AGM Adapter (e.g. GigaSpaces and Ganglia Adapters). One of the most basic and simple ways to extend AGM is to search log messages for strings.
– Fully Extensible by the User to Meet Unique Management Needs – AGM adapters are fully extensible by combination of user supplied code and all AGM parameters via editing plain text files.