On Wednesday, May 7, 2008, between 8:30 Am and 11:00 AM ET, GigaSpaces, jointly with Microsoft and Lab49 , will be hosting an Executive Breakfast Seminar, entitled Excel that Scales – High Performance Excel Applications for Traders and Analysts in Financial Services. The event will be held at the Microsoft offices in NYC (Radio City Conference Room, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY)
- Craig Saint-Amour, industry solutions director, capital markets, financial services group at Microsoft
- Luke Flemmer, managing director at Lab49
- Owen Taylor, director of worldwide technical communications at GigaSpaces
Description of the event:
GigaSpaces Technologies is hosting an executive breakfast seminar along with Microsoft Corporation and Lab49 to discuss the GigaSpaces and Microsoft joint solution, which enhances the scalability of Microsoft Excel . This offering allows enterprises to harness the power of their data centers to scale their Excel-based applications and dramatically improve their users’ productivity. Craig Saint-Amour, Luke Flemmer and Owen Taylor will present a complete solution that allows enterprises to off load data and computation (Excel macros, VBA, etc.) from users’ desktops to server side, and benefit from improved resiliency, scalability, and total cost of ownership of their Excel based applications..
During the seminar Saint-Amour, Flemmer and Taylor will discuss solution benefits such as how to:
- Handle massive amounts of data (e.g. market feeds) in a reliable manner
- Dramatically reduce processing times and enable more accurate risk and portfolio management (perform more VAR calculations and Monte Carlo simulation runs per hour)
- Share data between multiple traders and analysts, and enable better collaboration
- Shield users from desktop and server failures
- Enable Excel applications to scale up (and down) to meet varying loads
- Free up desktop resources
- Effectively migrate Excel logic to run as server side, managed code
Craig Saint-Amour, is responsible for strategy, solutions delivery, partner management, marketing and industry sales in the financial services group at Microsoft Corporation. He has more than 30 years of U.S. and International business experience and has focused the last 20 years on the financial services industry. Prior to joining Microsoft, Saint-Amour worked at SUN Microsystems and Digital Equipment Corporation within the Corporate Accounts Program. Additionally, he has had tenures with both Wang Laboratories and IBM.
Luke Flemmer is a founder and managing director at Lab49, working with existing clients overseeing Lab49’s engagements, advising them on technology direction, particularly in the area of fixed income. Prior to founding Lab49, Flemmer worked alongside other founding partners at Simile Software, where he managed the engineering team and co-developed the firm’s core intellectual property. Additionally, he has served in executive roles at both Braindock and Nimbl Inc. Flemmer has spent most of his career consulting and developing technology for major corporations, and his particular interest and experience are in the areas of real-time, high throughput systems, and in the design and application of evolutionary and adaptive software systems.
Owen Taylor is the director of worldwide technical communications at GigaSpaces Technologies. His areas of expertise include J2EE design patterns, performance tuning of J2EE applications, and translating new architectural concepts and technical capabilities of space-based solutions into readily accessible formats. Prior to GigaSpaces, Taylor presided in executive and consulting positions at Identify Software, The Middleware Company, The New CustomWare Company and Inprise.