Cloud computing has become the ideal way to deliver enterprise applications—and the preferred solution for companies extending their infrastructure or launching new innovations. The cloud computing industry matured considerably in 2019 and continues to evolve as we move into 2020.
Amazon Web Services, Microsoft and Google helped grow the cloud computing ecosystem following big acquisitions and the adoption of multi-cloud and hybrid cloud strategies.
Gartner estimates worldwide public cloud revenue will grow to $266.4 billion in 2020, up 17 percent from $227.8 billion last year. By 2022, Gartner predicts the worldwide public cloud services market will hit $331.2 billion, which would make the cloud services industry three times bigger than overall IT services, according to a new study from Indeed.com.
Gartner also predicts that 60 percent of organizations will use an external provider’s cloud-managed service offering by 2022—double the percentage from 2018.
As Cloud services evolve, so are we, and we’re proud today to introduce GigaSpaces Cloud.
What is GigaSpaces Cloud and Why Should You Use It?
GigaSpaces Cloud is a managed service you can deploy instantly on any cloud.It enables users to easily access InsightEdge Platform by creating an account on-the-fly, in a managed cloud environment. It also allows users to leverage advanced data processing, analytics, and ML capabilities.
Our Cloud offering can be easily deployed with one-click on any cloud, allowing for zero management overhead. Using our single data platform, you can execute machine learning models in production using Spark, TensorFlow, and other frameworks, as well as fast analytics, BI and visualization. Not to mention, the platform allows for data discovery and interactive visualization, as well as a 360 real-time view of your data across any data source. You can also monitor your data using GigaSpaces Ops Manager and Grafana.
GigaSpaces Cloud Benefits
One-click deployment on any Cloud
GigaSpaces Cloud provides a free deployment of the InsightEdge Platform, on Google Cloud, AWS* or Azure* allowing users to check out new product capabilities and run various scenarios. Sample client applications, models and BI dashboards are available and easy to connect to. With GigaSpaces Cloud, users can leverage standard interfaces such as REST API, JDBC, and Spark for implementation of various services, web applications and more.
Zero Management Overhead
GigaSpaces Cloud offers all of the benefits of InsightEdge with no management overhead ensuring:
- Out-of-the-box security, elasticity, and auto-provisioning
- Highly available, including anti-affinity and auto-recovery
- Real-time services monitoring and seamless upgrades with no downtime
While using a demo application available on GigaSpaces Cloud, you can use GigaSpaces Ops Manager for:
- Spaces Discovery and Query – Review implemented spaces, object types, indexes, and more. In addition, users can easily query space data based on various parameters and conditions.
- Services Real-Time Monitoring – Asses the health of implemented services including web applications, feeders, mirror service, Spark executors, and more.
- Easy Connection to Data Sources and Databases – Seamless upload of data to the Space and quick implementation of core stateful, load and mirror services.
Users can also monitor InsightEdge system metrics using Grafana for trends analysis, resource consumption and more.
Monitoring with Grafana dashboard
Fast Analytics, BI and Visualization
InsightEdge on GigaSpaces Cloud enables users to run advanced analytics and ML models that drive multiple use-cases such as predictive maintenance, live risk analysis, fraud detection, location-based advertising, dynamic pricing and more.
The combination of colocated business logic, SQL, Spark, Streaming, and Deep Learning toolkits with the organization’s data, provides users with the ability to easily develop and deploy applications and services for time-sensitive data-driven applications.
GigaSpaces Cloud includes several sample applications and visualization tools including Zeppelin Notebook and Grafana for easier deployment, data management, and overall use of InsightEdge advanced capabilities.
Visualization with Zeppelin notebook
360 Real-Time View of All Data, Across Any Data Source
Organizations need a 360-degree view of their data to make real-time decisions. That fact that most IT ecosystems have multiple disparate data sources, such as databases and data warehouses and no single source of truth makes accessing this data in a rapid in a simplified manner very challenging.
GigaSpaces Cloud with InsightEdge overcomes this issue by seamlessly connecting and querying from all structured, semi-structured and unstructured data stores for accelerated holistic business decisions. GigaSpaces’ automatically manages the data lifecycle as defined by the business logic, which includes data movement between the different data tiers (RAM, SSD, Persistent Memory) and additional data stores (data lakes and warehouses), handles service orchestration, and executes ML models, and visualization using BI tools.
Connect to a database with Ops Manager
Execute AI/ML Models Using Spark, TensorFlow, and Other Frameworks
InsightEdge supports the deployment of multiple Spark services and execution of models using various common frameworks:
- Spark Distribution – As part of the InsightEdge platform deployment in GigaSpaces Cloud, it is possible to execute Spark jobs for data processing and model execution. InsightEdge has an optimized interface with Spark and other AI/ML frameworks for accessing data from any source and for boosting performance
- Aggregations and Filters – The ability to execute aggregations and filters at the GigaSpaces Cloud server-side optimizes the performance of models, algorithms, BI dashboards response time, and more
- Co-located Services – Data processing occurs within a Space using GigaSpaces Cloud server-side for faster performance of compute-intensive workloads.
- BI and Reporting – GigaSpaces Cloud enables BI tools to slice and dice by multiple dimensions and measures with selected BI clients utilizing its advanced indexing capabilities. Standard JDBC is used for retrieval of data, and real-time manipulations using aggregations and filters at the server side to increase performance.
Getting Started with GigaSpaces Cloud is Easy and Free
GigaSpaces Cloud with InsightEdge-as-a-service enables fast access for those that want to try out InsightEdge and explore its features and capabilities. You can create an account that is free for 14 days and use it to deploy a project, including loading data from various data sources, implementing stateful and stateless services, performing interactive queries and visualization, and more.
In addition to project deployment, you can explore our demo applications, including reviewing the workflow, evaluating sample components and exploring the code.
At the end of your trial period, you can contact GigaSpaces for any followup questions you have about the technical capabilities of the product, or about exploring additional business scenarios.
Create Your Account
- To create your free account, fill in the following fields
- Company – Must have a minimum of 3 characters.
- Full Name: This is the username that will appear for anyone in your organization that also becomes a member.
- Email – Enter a valid business email address.
- Password – Must be at least 6 characters in length.
- Click Create Account.
Create a GigaSpaces Cloud account
The account takes about five minutes to set up. When it’s ready, you’ll receive a notification email to the address that you supplied. This email also provides several access links to your account and its associated tools, namely:
- Your selected demo application.
- GigaSpaces Ops Manager for monitoring your cloud environment, querying the data, and visualizing the queries in Apache Zeppelin.
- Grafana for an additional monitoring option.
TIP: You can bookmark these links for easy access.
For more information on how to get started with your GigaSpaces Cloud account, visit our documentation page.
For more information about GigaSpaces Cloud:
GigaSpaces Cloud as a managed service has many benefits to your business and is a standout among the various SaaS cloud offerings available today. With GigaSpaces Cloud you can run your applications at speed and at scale and accelerate your Big Data stack for zero time to data. You will also be able to get a real-time 360-degree view of all your data and modernize your legacy stacks with microservices architecture.
With GigaSpaces Cloud, you are assured an always-on service. Our offering also allows you to easily operationalize AI and ML models into production, thereby enriching streaming and transactional data with historical data.