Well, this is an exciting moment…last Wednesday was the Early Birds submissions deadline of our Developer Challenge and so far we got 18 submissions! The reason I’m saying “so far” is that even though we passed the first milestone, people can still submit their concepts and final entries until April 02, 2008; click here to enter the contest and get a chance to win the $10,000 grand prize. By the way, if you have an idea but you’re not sure how good it is or what the chances for a win are; we’re more than happy to advise you, so feel free to contact us.
- Not familiar with OpenSpaces Developer Challenge? => below is a brief explanation and links to give you some context.
- Already know all about the contest? => jump directly to the Submissions Overview section.
What is the OpenSpaces Developer Challenge and what do contestants get out of it?
An OpenSpaces.org initiative inviting developers to write a killer app over GigaSpaces XAP or a cool plug-in/extension to OpenSpaces (XAP’s open source development framework). The contest allows contestants to:
- win prizes – contest provides $25,000 in awards
- gain global recognition for your killer application/plugin/extension
- present your application/plugin/extension to GigaSpaces partner network
What is the Early Birds Draw?
All Concept submissions (18) that were submitted by February 13, 2008 entered a draw for a scholarship prize in the value of $1000. 10 scholarships were available and the winning contestants are listed below.
- Winners of the contest (all 3 places) are eligible for the scholarship IN ADDITION to their prize.
- Submissions of Concepts and Final Entries are still accepted until April 02, 2008, however will naturally only compete for the final 3 prizes (i.e. not be entitled to the early birds prize).
More information about the contest is available at OpenSpaces.org and Concepts/Final Entries can be submitted here.
Thanks again for the contribution and good luck to all contestants!
We’re looking forward to seeing the progress of their projects and I hope that soon you’ll be able to get to know the contestants and hear from them about their experiences with this contest via our podcast series :).
— Competition is over.