Automate your XAP’s deployment, configuration and monitoring in traditional and cloud based environments.
XAP Deployment Management and Automation is an orchestration framework which includes a
set of pre-packaged configuration (recipes) designed to allow a user to automate the provisioning,
configuration, setup and management of XAP clusters on your existing data center or your private cloud.
- Easy installation and setup XAP clusters through a single command.
- Built-in system monitoring and logging. Monitoring includes the ability to monitor machine resources and capacity.
- Built-in support for auto-scaling and auto-healing.
- Integrates with external monitoring systems by exposing key performance indicators.
- Custom automation through an operational friendly scripting language.
- Extended operational security for different operational roles.
- Works across firewalls.
- Designed for continuous delivery and deployment – You can create a consistent development, UAT and production
- environment and push code between the environments through a single command.
- Easily deploy XAP on OpenStack, AWS, Rackspace, VMWare, CloudStack etc.
Typical Use Cases
- Automate the Deployment and Installation of XAP - A typical deployment and installation of XAP involves provisioning machines, downloading the relevant XAP version to eachmachine in the cluster and setting it up with the right JVM setup. This solution allows you to script the entire process and create a new XAP cluster through a single command.
- Auto Heal and Scale your XAP deployment - The current auto-healing and auto scaling of XAPtakes place on the existing pool of pre-provisioned machines. This solution will allow you to provision new machines on-demand when the system has short capacity, which can occur in the case of unplanned failure or in the case of over capacity.
- Manage your JEE environment - With this solution you can extend your XAP platform to support other web containers, as opposed to just the embedded Jetty container. This includes Tomcat / WebSphere, WebLogic, and JBoss. You can also add Auto-Scaling and HTTP Session High Availability to your existing JEE environment in a way that works across all containers without relying on proprietary extensions and expensive enterprise licenses.
- Manage your Big Data Deployment - XAP helps add real time analytics to your existing Big Data deployment. A typical Big Data environment includes other services such as Hadoop, MongoDB etc. This solution helps deploy and manage XAP along side with other Big Data services through a consistent management interface.
- Automate WAN replication - A typical XAP replication requires configuration of the gateway locations and networking setup which often involves manual intervention. With this solutionyou could setup an entire WAN topology and provision it on-demand.
- Automate a large scale testing environment - Testing XAP often requires provisioning ofthe testing machines, installing XAP on each machine and configuring it to connect with theXAP management machine. This process repeats itself for every test.
How it works
Configure your XAP deployment on the cloud - Use the XAP application recipe to setup the XAP version, License, JVM configuration that fits your specific installation. You can also add third party components such as the DataBase or Load-Balancer as part of your XAP application and provision the entire application using the same setup.
Deploy the XAP platform and your XAP-based system-Install the XAP application using the install-application command from either the Cloudify CLI or Web Console. Once you've provisioned the machines and created the XAP containers you can deploy instances of the XAP Data Grid into the XAP cluster using the relevant custom command that is part of the XAP application recipe.
Manage and monitor your system - Once your XAP is running you can monitor the XAP cluster through the Cloudify web console to view the entire deployment including all other services which are not related to XAP. From the Cloudify console you can open the XAP monitoring console to monitor the XAP data grid components.
Scale your application- You can use the Cloudify Scaling-Rules to auto-scale your XAP deployment or use the set-instances command to expand or re-size your existing XAP deployment manually.